How is it that so often, something happens, and later, as we think it over, we realize that we had a perfect opportunity to talk to someone about Jesus, but we weren't able to think fast enough? To get my needed walking exercise (and get …( read more )
Search the Site
Worldwide MissionSunday, April 5, 2020 – Palm Sunday — Pray for the children across our denomination and around the world, as they would be sharing songs of joy, and demonstrating enthusiasm in worship by waving palm branches. Pray that they would share the same enthusiasm, as they worship in the safety of their own home,
Daily MannaHe wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed. (Isaiah 50:4b NIV)
- Prayer for all families who have lost loved ones.: "Please pray for support for all families that have lost loved ones to Covid-19. Pray for the..." (more)
- More on "Pray for Healing": "My brother not only has shingles, but the x-ray showed something going on in his neck. He..." (more)
- More on "Prayers please": "God is so good and prayers are answered. I spoke with the Oncologist via telephone today and my..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Words of Comfort for Troubled TimesTrust in the Lord – Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and he will show you the right way. (GNT)
Today's VerseColossians 4:5-6 – Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. (NIV)
Sunday, April 5, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: Ride On Ride On In Majesty — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: Job 27-28
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: Exodus 35; John 14:1-14
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 21:1-17
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna and Words of Comfort are provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.