On several recent trips to the grocery store, I noticed how various shoppers have perfected the art of selecting fresh fruits and vegetables. For example: – A thump for a sweet watermelon – A squeeze for a firm, ripe tomato – A sniff for …( read more )
Search the Site
Worldwide MissionThursday, December 5, 2019 – During the consumer-driven days leading up to Christmas, let us focus on good stewardship and awareness of what it means to have enough. Pray for kind hearts and generosity towards those who are without basic needs.
- More on "Heart surgery": "Praise God that"C's" surgery went as planned. However, there will be a long road to..." (more)
- More on "My eldest Daughter needs your prayers": "The family is still struggling. Due to my daughter's recent surgery, the amount of money..." (more)
- More on "Daughter's surgery": "Praise God that "J's" surgery went as planned. However the doctor is concerned about..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's VerseEphesians 5:3 – Among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. (NIV)
Thursday, December 5, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Infant Holy Infant Lowly
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Psalms 140-142
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Amos 5, Revelation 14:14-0
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 11:1-16
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- Subscribe For Yourself
- Gift Subscriptions
- Why aren't my devotionals arriving?
- Trouble-Shooting the Music
- See a Sample Devotional
- E-mail A Sample Devotional to Yourself
- Cancel Your Subscription
- Vacation-Stop Your Subscription
- Change Your Address
- Switch Your Version
* The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
* The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
* Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™