As I was looking through some of the Christmas carols in the hymn books that we have, I noticed that a fair number of them refer to either the stable or the manger: "Once in royal David's city stood a lowly cattle shed" or "Child in the …( read more )
Search the Site
Worldwide MissionFriday, December 13, 2019 – In Canada and America—- Pray for new graduates of our theological colleges who patiently listen to God and work through the process of seeking a call to the area of ministry that He has chosen for them.
- More on "Prayers Requested for healing": "I am being checked on December 17 in a CT scan in preparation for radiation treatments. Continued..." (more)
- Devastating time for my Daughter: "My youngest daughter "V" and her family are going through a devastating time. God knows..." (more)
- More on "Rare visit from my Brother": "My Brother made it safely to visit me today and is on his way home right now. There were a few..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's VerseDeuteronomy 24:19 – When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. (NIV)
Friday, December 13, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Hark The Herald Angels Sing
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Song of Solomon 3-4
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Micah 3-5:1, Revelation 18:1-10
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 146:1-10
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- Subscribe For Yourself
- Gift Subscriptions
- Why aren't my devotionals arriving?
- Trouble-Shooting the Music
- See a Sample Devotional
- E-mail A Sample Devotional to Yourself
- Cancel Your Subscription
- Vacation-Stop Your Subscription
- Change Your Address
- Switch Your Version
* The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
* The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
* Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™