A Little Child The Saviour Came
Author: William Robertson
1. A little child the Saviour came,
The mighty God was still His name,
And angels worshipped as He lay
The seeming infant of a day.
2. He who, a little child, began
The life divine to show to man,
Proclaims from heaven the message free,
'Let little children come to Me.'
3. We bring them, Lord, and with the sign
Of sprinkled water name them Thine:
Their souls with saving grace endow;
Baptize them with Thy Spirit now.
4. O give Thine angels charge, good Lord,
Them safely in Thy way to guard;
Thy blessing on their lives command,
And write their names upon Thy hand.
5. O Thou, Who by an infant's tongue
Dost hear Thy perfect glory sung,
May these, with all the heavenly host,
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.