Rejoice And Be Glad
Author: Horatius Bonar
1. Rejoice and be glad! the Redeemer hath come:
Go look on His cradle, His cross and His tomb,
(Refrain) Sound His praises, tell the story of Him Who was slain;
Sound His praises, tell with gladness He liveth again.
2. Rejoice and be glad! it is sunshine at last;
The clouds have departed, the shadows are past.
3. Rejoice and be glad! for the blood hath been shed;
Redemption is finished, the price hath been paid.
4. Rejoice and be glad! now the pardon is free;
The just for the unjust hath died on the tree.
5. Rejoice and be glad! for the Lamb that was slain,
O'er death is triumphant, and liveth again.
6. Rejoice and be glad! for our King is on high;
He pleadeth for us on His throne in the sky.
7. Rejoice and be glad! for He cometh again
He cometh in glory, the Lamb that was lain.