There Is A Book That All May Read
Author: John Keble
1. There is a book that all may read,
Which heavenly truth imparts,
And all the lore its scholars need,
Pure eyes and Christian hearts.
2. The works of God above, below,
Within us and around,
Are pages in that book, to show
How God Himself is found.
3. The glorious sky, embracing all,
Is like the Maker's love,
Wherewith encompassed, great and small
In peace and order move.
4. One name, above all glorious names,
With its ten thousand tongues
The everlasting sea proclaims,
Echoing angelic songs.
5. The raging fire, the roaring wind,
Thy boundless power display;
But in the gentler breeze we find
The Spirit's viewless way.
6. Two worlds are ours: 'tis only sin
Forbids us to descry
The mystic heaven and earth within,
Plain as the sea and sky.
7. Thou Who hast given me eyes to see
And love this sight so fair,
Give me a heart to find out Thee,
And read Thee everywhere.