Canadians rejoiced exceedingly on Sunday night when Alexandre Bilodeau became the first Canadian to win an Olympic gold medal on Canadian soil. It is amazing the dedication that athletes display over a period of four years (or a lifetime) to … (read more)
Search the Site
Worldwide MinistrySunday, July 5, 2020 – In Malawi — Celebrate in prayer as Presbyterian World Service and Development provides families in Malawi with the tools they need to start rebuilding their lives after Cyclone Idai. Pray for these people to grow in their faith through their trials.
Daily MannaYou will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. (Deuteronomy 28:6 NIV)
- More on "My son healing": "Every day he calls me at noon to complain about the job and says he does not want to do it anymore...." (more)
- More on "Prayer for Cancer Treatments": "Thank you for your prayers for my friend Barb. The specialist, after reviewing her scans and MRIs,..." (more)
- More on "Prayers please": "I now have to go on the 9th for more bloodwork. Your continued prayers and the messages of support..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's ThoughtFriendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one. – C.S. Lewis
Today's VerseJeremiah 7:5-7 – If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefathers for ever and ever. (NIV)
Sunday, July 5, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: O Beautiful For Spacious Skies — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: Proverbs 8-9
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: Numbers 7:1-53; Acts 23:23-35
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 11:1-15
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna is provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.