Recently, I was overjoyed by a lovely surprise visit from my grandson and his wife, both RCMP officers, who drove a long distance to come by with their 11-month-old baby daughter. As we were in conversation, the baby was crawling on the …( read more )
Search the Site
Worldwide MissionSunday, March 29, 2020 – In Canada — As we have freedom to worship in our churches (or via some media because of the virus), pray for those around the world who struggle to do so safely. Pray for an end to Christian persecution in many countries. We praise God that, over the last six years, many refugees have been welcomed into Canada, and now have freedom of religion. Pray for them to be open to receive the love of Jesus.
Daily MannaYou will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! (Isaiah 26:3 NLT)
- Virus be gone in Jesus name!: "Lord, protect those around the world that are forced to go to go to their work or have to leave..." (more)
- More on "Prayers please": "Due to what is going on in the world, my appointment with the Oncologist was postponed. They had me..." (more)
- Stress: "Please pray for S as she is under a great deal of stress. Her husband has received news that he has..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Words of Comfort for Troubled TimesThe Shepherd Psalm – Psalm 23 – The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. (KJV)
Today's VerseJohn 3:28-29 – "I am not the Christ but am sent ahead of him. The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete." (NIV)
Sunday, March 29, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: Seeking The Lost — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: Job 25-26
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: Exodus 29; John 12:1-11
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: John 11:1-19
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna and Words of Comfort are provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.