The other day, I accompanied my husband to an early morning appointment with his eye surgeon. As he presented himself at the counter, I looked around for a good place to sit. My eyes were drawn to a row of six or seven empty chairs. …( read more )
Search the Site
Worldwide MissionMonday, February 24, 2020 – In Kitchener, Ontario—-Pray for the Kitchener East Presbyterian Church, that God's Holy Spirit would call back those who have not been attending worship regularly and give the Session wisdom and enthusiasm to reach ouit to new people and for the task before them.
Daily MannaYou show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11 NRSV)
- More on "Continued prayer": "I talked with M last night. She is depressed and concerned about her husband M who has no interest..." (more)
- More on "Stage 4 Kidney Failure": "Job’s kidneys are down to 10-12% and the doctors are still in a holding pattern. It seems..." (more)
- More on "Pray for my friend ... please!": "DK has passed away. His brother and sister-in-law have come in from out of town and will stay until..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's ThoughtThe more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become – because He made us. He invented us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be. It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own. – C.S. Lewis
Today's VerseGenesis 2:24 – For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. (NIV)
Monday, February 24, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: Go To Dark Gethsemane — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: Matthew 20-22
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: Exodus 1; John 1:43-2:11
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 17:1-9
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna is provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.