The wings of a bird readily suggest the gentle, protective qualities of God. In His "wings", we find security and safety. Yet these wings can convey a different image of God, which I realized one day while watching some Canada geese. It …( read more )
Search the Site
Worldwide MissionSaturday, April 4, 2020 – In Cuba — Pray for the Los Pinos Nuevos churches which have community aid programmes providing food and clothing for the most needy people in their community. Pray especially for the elderly who are helped by the "Grain of Sand" outreach of the church in Old Havana, which feeds over 100 people. Ask God to empower each one who ministers. Pray for protection from the Covid-19 virus. Many in the poorer conditions would be helpless if the virus enters their area.
Daily MannaThe blessing of the Lord makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. (Proverbs 10:22 NRSV)
- Prayer for all families who have lost loved ones.: "Please pray for support for all families that have lost loved ones to Covid-19. Pray for the..." (more)
- More on "Pray for Healing": "My brother not only has shingles, but the x-ray showed something going on in his neck. He..." (more)
- More on "Prayers please": "God is so good and prayers are answered. I spoke with the Oncologist via telephone today and my..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Words of Comfort for Troubled TimesBless the Lord, O My Soul – Psalm 103:1-5 – Praise the Lord, my soul! All my being, praise his holy name! Praise the Lord, my soul, and do not forget how kind he is. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He keeps me from the grave and blesses me with love and mercy. He fills my life with good things, so that I stay young and strong like an eagle. (GNT)
Today's VerseGalatians 4:4 – But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. (NIV)
Saturday, April 4, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: Hosanna Loud Hosanna — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: Psalms 39-41
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: Exodus 34; John 13:21-38
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 52:1-12
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna and Words of Comfort are provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.