In Cameroon during the period of Advent, Christians and non-Christians alike keep money (in njangi houses, a community-based system), animals, and birds (especially chickens) to be used in celebrating Christmas. Parents are aware that they must buy new clothes for … (read more)
Search the Site
Worldwide MissionMonday, March 30, 2020 – In Yemen — Pray for God to bring healing: spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally, to the people in this broken country. Pray for a mission team to continually show God's love and to build trust. Pray for the people to see Jesus as the healer of their brokenness and bearer of their burdens.
Daily MannaWhere the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV)
- More on "God's Healing": "Praise God D is hanging on. She was given a new drug, which stopped the decline of her hemoglobin..." (more)
- More on "Stage 4 Kidney Failure": "Job had a hard time with the surgery to prepare him for dialysis. He is starting his second week of..." (more)
- Virus be gone in Jesus name!: "Lord, protect those around the world that are forced to go to go to their work or have to leave..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Words of Comfort for Troubled TimesWait on the Lord – Psalm 27 – The Lord is my light and my salvation; I will fear no one. The Lord protects me from all danger; I will never be afraid. When evil people attack me and try to kill me, they stumble and fall. Even if a whole army surrounds me, I will not be afraid; even if enemies attack me, I will still trust God. I have asked the Lord for one thing; one thing only do I want: to live in the Lord's house all my life, to marvel there at his goodness, and to ask for his guidance. In times of trouble he will shelter me; he will keep me safe in his Temple and make me secure on a high rock. So I will triumph over my enemies around me. With shouts of joy I will offer sacrifices in his Temple; I will sing, I will praise the Lord. Hear me, Lord, when I call to you! Be merciful and answer me! When you said, "Come worship me," I answered, "I will come, Lord." Don't hide yourself from me! Don't be angry with me; don't turn your servant away. You have been my help; don't leave me, don't abandon me, O God, my savior. My father and mother may abandon me, but the Lord will take care of me. Teach me, Lord, what you want me to do, and lead me along a safe path, because I have many enemies. Don't abandon me to my enemies, who attack me with lies and threats. I know that I will live to see the Lord's goodness in this present life. Trust in the Lord. Have faith, do not despair. Trust in the Lord. (GNT)
Today's VerseJohn 3:30 – He must become greater; I must become less. (NIV)
Monday, March 30, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: In The Garden — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: Jeremiah 1-6
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: Exodus 30; John 12:12-19
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: John 11:20-44
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna and Words of Comfort are provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.