Barnabas, whose name means "son of encouragement," was a man who gave encouragement and consolation to his friends, becoming one of the most respected persons in the church in Jerusalem. Barnabas was the mentor of the apostle Paul. He encouraged … (read more)
Search the Site
Worldwide MinistryTuesday, January 19, 2021 – In Saskatchewan — Pray for the congregation and community of Mistawasis Memorial Presbyterian Church in Mistawasis Nehiyawak First Nation, Saskatchewan. May they be filled with your Holy Spirit and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit, Love Joy, Peace, Faithfulness, Gentleness to show their friends and neighbours the love of Christ.
- Healing: "Pray for healing for daughter who is suffering from a lot pain, numbness, lack of energy and..." (more)
- More on "My son healing": "I am pleased to say my husband tested negative and my mother-in-law is doing well."
- More on "Prayers please": "I will be going Thursday to the Pulmonologist. Your continued prayers are sincerely appreciated."
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's VerseRomans 5:5 – And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (NIV)
Daily MannaJoel 2:21b – Be glad and rejoice, for the Lord has done great things! (ESV)
Tuesday, January 19, 2021:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: Lord This Day Thy Children Meet — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Bible Reading:2 Amos 4:1-13
- Today's One-Year3 Scripture Passage: Isaiah 12-17
- Today's Two-Year4 Scripture Passages: Deuteronomy 16:21-17:20; Matthew 13:31-58
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™ – www.hymntime.com/tch
2 - Today's Bible Reading and Daily Manna are provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
3 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from www.bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
4 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.