Recently we'd been in our apartment for a couple of days during a heat wave (smog advisory, humidex advisory, heat emergency), so we decided to go out in the air-conditioned car to do a couple of errands. As we stood … (read more)
Search the Site
Worldwide MinistryFriday, October 23, 2020 – In Angola — Pray for the dental work at Rio da Huila Medical Centre and for wisdom how to proceed safely for staff and patients; that the COVID-19 virus will quickly pass through Angola, sparing those at higher risk of severe disease, and for continued wisdom, strength and health for all who are in authority in Angola. Pray that all will look in humility and trust to Jesus and, being amazed at His faithfulness, care, protection and love, will want Jesus in their lives.
Daily MannaLet the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14 NRSV)
- More on "update on MH": "After several interviews, no apartment was found. They have another interview on Saturday and..." (more)
- My Daughter: "Please continue to pray for my daughter Trish. She communicates seldom, but did respond with a..." (more)
- More on "Prayers for Dave and family": "Dave seems to be improving as his headaches are not as bad and he is able to walk better on the..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's Verse1 Corinthians 10:23-24 – "Everything is permissible" — but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible" — but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. (NIV)
Friday, October 23, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: God Moves In A Mysterious Way — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: 2 Chronicles 25-28
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: 2 Samuel 16:1-17:4; 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 6:22-34
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna is provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.