Psalm 25:4 – Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths. (NIV)
The snow in our backyard is quite deep. Our two dogs have worn a path all the way around the edge of the yard and across the middle of the yard. The other day when I looked out the window they were both stopped — one behind the other. Although the one behind wanted to move on, she was stuck in a rut because she didn't want to risk stepping into the deep snow.
How many of us are stuck in a rut?
- afraid to risk stepping out in faith to discover the path that the Lord has prepared for us?
- running around in circles — relying on our own strength alone to get us where we're going?
- weighed down by the burdens of this life?
- held by the power of a habit that we can't seem to break?
If we're in a rut, there is a way out.
- read God's Word daily and seek His guidance in all that we do.
- trust in God.
- seek God with all our heart.
- live godly lives.
Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (NIV)
Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)
Psalm 16:11 – You have made known to me the path of life; you fill me with joy in your presence. (NIV)
Proverbs 4:14 – Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men. (NIV)
Prayer: Heavenly Father, sometimes we get stuck in a rut. Forgive us and help us today to step out in faith and follow the path that You have prepared for us. May we never forget that You are always with us, and that You love us with an everlasting love. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! Amen.