John 4:14 – But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (KJV)
The stream now has a song to sing,
- the pasture's clothed in green;
- Restored to a harmonic scene.
But before the summer storm began
- the stream had lost its song;
- Their world seemed all forlorn.
The Lord looked down from heaven,
- their sighs came up as prayers;
- Rich blessings would be theirs.
He sent the rain to soften the ground,
- it lasted all night long;
- The earth awoke with song.
- Amy Woolf Garner, ©1999
God's Word, like rain, has power to give life to the dead, and this same Word has spiritual power to revive those who are spiritually alive, but have grown faint or weary in their daily walk. It is wonderful to know the One who supplies both the water for the body and water for the soul. Let us all drink deeply from His well today.
Prayer: Lord, create in us a thirst for You and Your Word, and then restore us as we drink from the fountain of living water found between the covers of our Bible, and as we encounter Jesus, who is the living Word. Amen.