Acts 4:12 – Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (NIV)
In this age of computers and advanced technology, we need a password (or a PIN) for just about everything. Just the other day my husband was getting quite frustrated because he couldn't remember the password he had used for his newest e-mail programme for work.
The good news is that our Christian walk doesn't require many different passwords. There is only one name we need to know — and that name is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only password that we need.
Jesus is all we need:
- Jesus is the light of the world. He takes us out of darkness into His marvellous light.
- Jesus is the bread of life. If we feed on Him we will never be hungry.
- Jesus is the good shepherd. He gave His life for His sheep. He died on the cross for our sins — yours and mine.
- Jesus is the vine. We are the branches. If we live in Him we will bear much fruit.
- Jesus is the resurrection and the life. All who believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
- Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by him.
- Jesus is the door — whoever enters through Him will be saved.
To live the Christian life, we need Jesus. Only when we journey with Him and follow Him will our lives have true meaning and satisfaction.
As the words of today's music say:
- How sweet the name of Jesus sounds in a believer's ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds, and drives away his fear.
It makes the wounded spirit whole, and calms the troubled breast;
'Tis manna to the hungry soul, and to the weary, rest.
Are we putting our trust in Jesus — the only name by which we can be saved?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, we thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus — the only name by which we can be saved. Help us always to rely on the name of Jesus — the name above all names. We will praise His holy name forever and ever — until that day when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! Amen.