John 9:4 – (Jesus said:) We must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; night comes, when no one can work.
- This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized Everybody wouldn't do it. So Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
- Anonymous (wouldn't you know!)
It is a fact that in most organizations 20% of the members do most of the work and carry the load of the remaining 80%. Unfortunately our churches sometimes fall into this dilemma. Imagine what would happen if these figures were reversed and the majority of members got turned on to the excitement of who we are, whom we are called to serve and what power is available in the person of the Holy Spirit.
Prayer: Heavenly Father it is beyond our understanding how You have set us apart, made us acceptable in Your sight by sacrificing your greatest possession, Your Son Jesus Christ. As if that weren't enough, you have sent us your Holy Spirit, our constant Companion. Lord God, give us, each one, a new understanding of what this means. Give us a new excitement and focus that we, like the early church, may turn our community upside down. Amen.