As Pants The Hart For Cooling Streams
Author: Tate and Brady
1. As pants the hart for cooling streams
When heated in the chase,
So longs my soul, O God, for Thee,
And Thy refreshing grace.
2. For Thee, my God, the living God,
My thirsty soul doth pine;
O when shall I behold Thy face,
Thou majesty divine?
3. Why restless, why cast down, my soul?
Trust God, Who will employ
His aid to thee, and change these sighs
To thankful hymns of joy.
4. God of my strength, how long shall I
Like one forgotten mourn,
Forlorn, forsaken and exposed
To my oppressors' scorn?
5. Why restless, why cast down, my soul?
Hope still, and thou shalt sing
The praise of Him Who is thy God,
Thy health's eternal spring.