God in His mercy and love has answered many of my prayers. Some situations required an urgent answer; others not so much. When my children were very small, I was at death's door. I was quickly slipping away. I cried to the Lord in …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipThursday, January 17, 2019 – Pray for congregations committed to serving people in their community who are homeless and hungry during the winter months, and also to advocating for changes to address homelessness.
- Papers to be signed.: "Father give wisdom where needed and end this shutdown of government before something worse happens...." (more)
- Update on "Job and friend": "C now a job but still needs prayer for loneliness. Praise God for his job and I know that God will..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayNever give up on prayer. God sometimes answers in unexpected ways.
Verse for TodayPsalm 139:9-10 – If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. (NIV)
Thursday, January 17, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Jesus The Very Thought Of Thee
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Psalms 6-8
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Deuteronomy 15; Matthew 12:22-50
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 62:1-12
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own