It was a crisp, luminous winter's day when we ventured out of the city for a drive. Hawks were perched prominently in the treetops. Just outside a barn door stood a huddle of cattle absorbing the sun's warmth. It was a glorious morning, …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipMonday, August 19, 2019 – World Humanitarian Day: Pray that God may strengthen those driven from their homes because of war, violence, and persecution, and pray for those responding with Presbyterian World Service and Development to provide necessities for survival.
- Newly wed wife has breast cancer.: "My grandson CA was married in July. His wife K has had a relapse of cancer. May Jesus our Lord..." (more)
- Dark clouds surrounding me: "Please pray that I may have peace that my mother’s soul is resting in peace. Today she would..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's VerseActs 3:19 – Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord. (NIV)
Monday, August 19, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Since Jesus Came Into My Heart
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: 1 Timothy 1-3
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Jeremiah 18-19; James 3:1-12
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 26:1-19
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- Subscribe For Yourself
- Gift Subscriptions
- Why aren't my devotionals arriving?
- Trouble-Shooting the Music
- See a Sample Devotional
- E-mail A Sample Devotional to Yourself
- Cancel Your Subscription
- Vacation-Stop Your Subscription
- Change Your Address
- Switch Your Version
* The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
* The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
* Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™