In Australia, autumn has ended, though there are still heaps of colourful, crinkly, dry leaves for me to crunch and kick around in my garden. Due to loving family help, I joy that roses are pruned, spring-flowering bulbs are planted, … (read more)
Search the Site
Worldwide MinistrySaturday, August 8, 2020 – In Taiwan — Translation Projects — Pray that God will help the Paiwan and Tsou Bible translation projects in Taiwan as they press on with their Old Testament drafting, team review, and checking. Ask God to give Rev. Paul MacLean wisdom and encouragement as he supports them. May these tribal peoples soon have the whole Bible in their own language and respond to the invitation to Salvation.
Daily MannaWe can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer. (Proverbs 16:1 NLT)
- Please pray for the US Congress & president.: "Pray for the “...millions of Americans thrown out of work because of the coronavirus are..." (more)
- More on "Stage 4 Kidney Failure": "Job is out of the hospital, but he is back to having to do dialysis at the center. Please pray that..." (more)
- Overwhelmed: "Please pray for M H who is totally overwhelmed by things in her life, including financial problems..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's Verse1 Corinthians 8:8-9 – But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do. Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. (NIV)
Saturday, August 8, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: Psalms 93-95
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: Psalms 47-48
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 19:1-21
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna is provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.