Our farmhouse basement had a dirt floor and stone walls. I never thought of it as a cosy spot, and I spent as little time there as possible. It was great for cold storage of vegetables, canned fruit, and homemade pickles, but, trust me, I …( read more )
Search the Site
Prayer Partnership RequestFriday, August 23, 2019 – Pray for ministry leadership teams, that they may be guided by the Holy Spirit as they prepare for worship and ministry programming this fall.
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's VerseMark 9:30-31 – Jesus did not want anyone to know where they were, because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise." (NIV)
Friday, August 23, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Are You Washed In The Blood
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Proverbs 19
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Jeremiah 23; James 4:11-12
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 58:1-14
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- Subscribe For Yourself
- Gift Subscriptions
- Why aren't my devotionals arriving?
- Trouble-Shooting the Music
- See a Sample Devotional
- E-mail A Sample Devotional to Yourself
- Cancel Your Subscription
- Vacation-Stop Your Subscription
- Change Your Address
- Switch Your Version
* The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
* The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
* Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™