In Jesus' time, menstruation and gynecological issues made women unclean. Leprosy made anyone afflicted unclean. Being of a certain race or from a certain place, such as Samaria, led to one being relegated to second class, compared to a …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipThursday, August 22, 2019 – Pray that God will nurture the clerks of presbytery in their service to the church.
- More on "Prayer for my brother Jerry": "My brother Jerry is hospitalized since yesterday! He fell while using the bathroom early morning,..." (more)
- More on "Sherry": "Thank you dear prayer warriors for praying with us. There has been no growth in the nodule in..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Today's VerseJeremiah 31:25 – I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. (NIV)
Thursday, August 22, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Rise Up O Men Of God
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Psalms 99-101
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Jeremiah 22; James 4:1-10
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 12:18-29
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- Subscribe For Yourself
- Gift Subscriptions
- Why aren't my devotionals arriving?
- Trouble-Shooting the Music
- See a Sample Devotional
- E-mail A Sample Devotional to Yourself
- Cancel Your Subscription
- Vacation-Stop Your Subscription
- Change Your Address
- Switch Your Version
* The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
* The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
* Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™