It's been just over a year since a very dear friend of ours passed away suddenly from cancer. Eight months ago, our daughter-in-law's father passed away within three weeks of finding out that he was ill. And now, another dear friend of …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSunday, December 9, 2018 – Please pray for the Presbyterian faculty at Vancouver School of Theology, Vancouver, British Columbia, including Pat Dutcher-Walls, Ross Lockhart, Bob Paul, and Richard Topping.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayTo avoid that run-down feeling — cross the street carefully.
Verse for TodayJohn 15:5,8 – [Jesus said,] "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." (NIV)
Sunday, December 9, 2018:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: The Birthday Of A King
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: 1 John 4-5
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: 2 Kings 7:3-20; Ephesians 5:21-33
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Luke 3:1-20
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own